Tuesday, February 11, 2014

some love letters

Dear Snow,

I know you've been getting a bad rap lately from disgruntled city folk who just don't appreciate you. They find your soft white blankets irritating and and your plush hills cumbersome. I am here to tell you that they're wrong. Snow, you are beautiful and lovely! I feel like a little girl on Christmas morning every time I wake up and you are there. I marvel at your expansiveness, and get a thrill when my cheeks blush at the cool air that accompanies you. I have always been a winter baby, and I always will be -

Forever yours,
Jacqueline


AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, but sort of in the same vein

We all know Valentine's Day is upon us. Hallmark sees a bump in their sales along with any chocolate purveyor, and if you're beau is so inclined he might give you some frosting, too.

I've never really been a fan of the whole "this is the day that I buy my guy a gift because I'm supposed to" but I am a sucker for any occasion to send my friends little notes of sweet nothings. I actually planned ahead this year and found this great book of vintage pop-out valentines, and Taco helped me write them :-)

I had to show everyone because they're so adorable, and I wish that I had thought to order extra books because there are just not enough. All the valentines in the world wouldn't really be enough to tell my friends and family how much I love them, but I'm going to try anyway. And come one - who doesn't like getting mail (when it's not bills)?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment