Friday, February 22, 2013

Pizza for sale, and good music too!

The New Music Bake Sale is coming up next weekend and to support boyfriend's percussion quartet [ensemble, et al.] I'm making pizza. Not just any pizza. My mom's pizza. Actually, I should probably give my nonna credit, but my mom is the one that kicked it up a notch.

#homemade #pizza from mom :-)

home made crust
whole plum tomatoes (preserved from last august)
caramelized onions
olives
capers
lots of extra virgin olive oil
and a sprinkling of pecorino romano cheese
___________________________________________________________________________


I love leisurely weekend meals with the family when my mom bakes bread and we snack on cheese and home cured olives. We spend hours on end in the kitchen just chatting and drinking wine and eventually the antipasti bowl needs a refill. 

#freshbakedbread at mom’s house

In the cold winter months she's been making a lot of soups. This lentil soup below is one of my more delicious memories of the recent past. And of course the pizza with fennel and goat cheese wasn't bad either!

Lentil #soup and #fennel pizza

Anyway, I'll be baking away next week preparing for the bake sale - it's at Roulette in Brooklyn. Come support local musicians!!! And eat tasty baked goods!!



No comments:

Post a Comment